Directions: In this section, you will hear 8 short conversations and 2 long conversations. At the end of each conversation, one or more questions will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A), B), C) and D), and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 2 with a single line through the centre.
11. A) He thinks he’s very organized.
B) He doesn’t want to join the display.
C) He doesn’t think he should lead the study group.
D) He knows someone who can lead the study group.
12. A) He doesn’t know where his brother keeps his computer.
B) The woman should buy a used computer.
C) He doesn’t know how much computers cost.
D) His brother paid too much for the computer.
13. A) It’s been to warm to wear the jacket.
B) The jacket is too big for him.
C) He doesn’t like cold weather.
D) He didn’t buy the jacket until cooler weather arrived.
14. A) He started the semester in a bad mood.
B) He’s not usually bad-tempered.
C) He has few responsibilities.
D) He doesn’t like the man.
15. A) He forgot to cancel the reservation.
B) They can go to the restaurant after the woman has finished working.
C) He has to work late tonight.
D) They don’t have a reservation at the restaurant.
16. A) Use bleach on his socks.
B) Buy new white socks.
C) Wash his red T-shirt again.
D) Throw away his pink socks.
17. A) He isn’t satisfied with his progress.
B) He wants to move up more quickly than he’s presently doing.
C) He has advance quickly enough in his career.
D) He feels frustrated as he tries to move up the ladder.
18. A) Try on a smaller sweater.
B) Look for another style at a different store.
C) Give the sweater away as a gift.
D) Exchange the sweater for a bigger one.
Questions 19 to 22 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
19. A) She's unable to attend the study session.
B) She has seen a doctor recently.
C) She's concerned about medical care.
D) She mentions the need for some medical tests.
20. A) To improve the study skills of university students.
B) To suggest changes in the student government.
C) To give people the opportunity to speak with a politician.
D) To discuss graduation requirements for political science majors.
21. A) Graduate school application procedures.
B) Funding for university education.
C) Winning the confidence of voters.
D) Preparing for an important test.
22. A) Tell her what to study for the history test.
B) Write a favorable letter of recommendation.
C) Advise her about how to run an election campaign.
D) Suggest a topic for a research paper.
Questions 23 to 25 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
23. A) Boston schools.
B) Frontier life.
C) Teaching requirements.
D) Immigration patterns.
24. A) She was a famous author.
B) Her family later became famous landowners.
C) She exemplifies the immigrant spirit.
D) She invented some labor-saving farm equipment.
25. A) To the library.
B) To the movies.
C) To a bookstore.
D) To a travel bureau.
Directions: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear some question. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A),B),C),and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Questions 26 to 29 are based on the passage you have just heard.
26. A) They were drawing pictures. B) They were watching TV.
C) They were making a telephone call. D) They were tidying up the drawing room.
27. A) They locked the couple up in the drawing room.
B) They seriously injured the owners of the house.
C) They smashed the TV set and the telephone.
D) They took away sixteen valuable paintings.
28. A) He accused them of the theft.
B) He raised the rents.
C) He refused to prolong their land lease.
D) He forced them to abandon their traditions.
29. A) They wanted to protect the farmers’ interests.
B) They wanted to extend the reservation area for birds.
C) They wanted to steal his valuable paintings.
D) They wanted to drive him away from the island.
Questions 30 to 32 are based on the passage you have just heard.
30. A) Through food. B) Through air.
C) Through insects. D) Through body fluids.
31. A) They ran a high fever. B) They died from excessive bleeding.
C) Their nervous system was damaged. D) They suffered from heart-attack.
32. A) To see what happened to the survivors of the outbreak.
B) To study animals that can also get infected with the disease.
C) To find out where the virus originates.
D) To look for the plants that could cure the disease.
Questions 33 to 35 are based on the passage you have just heard.
33. A) To determine whether the Earth’s temperature is going up.
B) To study the behavior of some sea animals.
C) To measure the depths of the ocean.
D) To measure the movement of waves in the ocean.
34. A) They were frightened and distressed.
B) They swam away when the speaker was turned on.
C) They swam closer to “examine” the speaker when it was turned off.
D) They didn’t seem to be frightened and kept swimming near the speaker.
35. A) To attract more sea animals to the testing site.
B) To drive dangerous sea animals away from the testing site.
C) To help trace the sea animals being tested.
D) To determine how sea animals communicate with each other.
Directions: In this section, you will hear a passage three times. When the passage is read for the first time, you should listen carefully for its general idea. When the passage is read for the second time, you are required to fill in the blanks numbered from 36 to 43 with the exact words you have heard. For blanks numbered from 44 to 46 you are required to fill in the missing information. For these blanks, you can either use the exact words you have just heard or write down the main points in your own words. Finally, when the passage is read for the third time, you should check what you have written.
(11-15) CACBD (16-20) ACDAC (21-25) BBBCA
(26-30) BDCAD (31-35) BCADC
(36) damage (37) underdeveloped (38) intelligence (39) nourished
(40) cause (41) breast (42) disease (43) lack
(44) can cost developing nations up to three percent of their yearly earnings
(45) poor countries could possibly double their economic growth if they improved nutrition
(46) Instead of directly providing food, the study suggests educational programs in health and nutrition for mothers with young babies
Tag: 暂无联系方式四级听力，大学英语四级听力真题下载,英语四级听力答案,英语四级听力原文,英语四级听力练习,英语四级听力材料,英语四级听力试题，外语培训 外语学习 - 英语四级考试 - 四级听力